A little over a week ago, we prepared more vegetables to ferment. Fermenting vegetables creates pro-biotics for our gut flora! Today we cracked open our cauliflower and leek mix to make another spicy live salad. We added fresh organic tomatoes, cilantro, red cabbage, (pre-soaked) seeds and spices - very tasty! Cauliflower is an excellent source of vitamin C and has anti inflammatory nutrients. (see recipe below)
Spicy Live Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Prep Time 5 minutes!
∙ 1 large organic tomato
∙ a handful of organic cilantro
∙ 1/2 cup of organic red cabbage (shredded)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic sunflower seeds (pre-soaked over night)
∙ 2 tbsp of organic pumpkin seeds (pre-soaked over night)
∙ 1 cup of fermented organic cauliflower and leek mix
∙ organic cayenne pepper
∙ dry kale spice (optional - see recipe here) or dry kale
∙ non-treated pink sea salt
∙ organic black pepper
∙ organic crushed red pepper
1. On a chopping board, dice tomatoes into small chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
2. Chop cilantro into small pieces and add to large mixing bowl.3. Add shredded cabbage, seeds and fermented vegetables to mixing bowl.
4. Sprinkle cayenne pepper, dry kale, salt and black pepper onto vegetables and mix ingredients.
5. Add crushed red peppers and continue mixing until all ingredients are mixed well with spices.
6. Serve in two bowls and enjoy!
IMPORTANT: Make sure you tightly seal the lid, on the fermented veggies that are left behind in the jars, after you've measured out how much you will use. This will prevent mold. Also DO NOT put the jars in the refrigerator because you will kill the bacteria and you will have defeated the purpose of fermenting in the first place.