Avocados provide all 18 essential amino acids that the body requires to form protein. They contain antioxidants, anti-inflammatory nutrients and beneficial fats that protect the body against damage caused by free radicals. Fresh extracts from cucumbers have been shown to have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Our latest soup recipe is thick Avocado soup with Cucumber. This is a simple raw food recipe with plenty of greens, so you'll be getting rich sources of vitamins and nutrients such as calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin A, and vitamin K. Enjoy!
Avocado Soup With Cucumber Recipe
∙ 2 organic green onions
∙ handful of organic Italian parsley
∙ 1 organic cucumber
∙ 2 organic celery stalks
∙ 2 organic avocados
∙ 2 tbsp of organic coconut oil (melted, but not heated, at room temperature)
∙ 2+ cups of water (fluoride free is best)
∙ sea salt
∙ organic black pepper
1. Chop green onions and parsley. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Dice cucumbers and celery. Set aside.
3. Peel avocados and remove seed. Then add to a container for blending.
4. Blend avocados, onions, parsley, cucumber, celery, coconut oil and water.
5. Add spices and blend again. Taste and make adjustments. Add more water if necessary.
6. Pour soup into 2 bowls and garnish with parsley. Serve and enjoy!