The main ingredients in Green Curry Sauce are coconut milk and green curry paste which is usually made up of lemongrass, jalapeno, shallots, garlic, ginger, coriander, basil, cumin, pepper, peanut oil and fish sauce. We like to experiment with homemade green curry sauces, since we don't always have the ingredients needed. Green curry is full of flavor and is very healthy. There are a variety of spices and herbs in curry that are beneficial to your health, including reducing inflammation of the joints. We like to prepare our green curry sauce raw- in order to have the enzymes it provides with coconut milk. Check out our latest green curry sauce recipe with eggplant and homemade coconut milk! We poured our sauce over a bed of cauliflower 'rice' -Very yummy.
Green Curry Eggplant and Mushroom Sauce Recipe
Green curry sauce ingredients :
∙ 1 tbsp organic curry leaves (ground a mortar and pestle)
∙ 2 tbsp organic coriander seeds (lightly fried- dry, and then ground using a mortar and pestle)
∙ 2 tbsp organic cumin powder
∙ 1 tbsp organic turmeric powder
∙ 4 tbsp of organic extra virgin olive oil (or peanut oil)
∙ 2 tbsp of lemon juice (or lime)
∙ a bunch of organic Italian parsley
∙ a bunch of organic cilantro
∙ sea salt
∙ black organic pepper
∙ 1 small red onion
∙ 4 large organic garlic cloves
∙ 300 ml of natural/organic coconut milk*
∙ 1 cup of organic shiitake and oyster mushrooms (mixed)
∙ 1 large organic eggplant
Cauliflower rice ingredients:
∙ 1/2 of organic cauliflower
∙ 1 large organic carrot
∙ a bunch of organic Italian parsley or cilantro
∙ 1 organic celery stalk
∙ 1 organic green onion
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Dice or chop eggplant into pieces, add salt and bake in oven for about 10 minutes.
3. In a container, add ground curry leaves, ground coriander seeds, ground cumin powder, ground turmeric powder, salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
4. Chop parsley and cilantro and add to container. Set aside.
5. Chop garlic, onion and mushrooms and let sit for 10 min.
6. Pulse chop cauliflower (in parts) in a food processor to create your rice (don't over chop). Place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
7. Pulse chop carrot, celery, and parsley/cilantro in a food processor, then add to cauliflower 'rice'. Set aside.
8. Heat a small pan at medium-low heat and add some coconut oil. Lightly fry garlic and onions, then mushrooms for 5 minutes. Keep separate and set aside.
9. Add garlic and onions to green curry ingredients and (using a hand blender), blend all ingredients to make a paste. Add coconut milk and blend again.
10. Add salt and pepper and make necessary adjustments. Set aside.
11. Add mushrooms and eggplant to green curry sauce with coconut milk and mix to complete your tasty sauce. Set aside.12. Add salt and pepper to cauliflower mix, then prepare two plates with cauliflower 'rice' mix.
13. Pour an even amount of green curry sauce over top of both plates.
14. Serve and enjoy!
* To make coconut milk:
1. Drain the water from a natural coconut and set it aside.
2. Crack open the coconut and break it into pieces.
3. Juice the coconut meat (once removed from coconut shell).
4. Mix an equal (150 ml each) amount of coconut water (previously drained) and coconut cream to provide you with the 300 ml necessary for the recipe above. (If there is more coconut cream than water, you can add store bought coconut water to complete.)