Summer squash time has arrived! Summer and winter squash are good sources of vitamins A and E, and potassium. They are rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties. Summer is the best time for eating raw foods such as fruit vegetables (squashes) and fruits. Check out our recipe for 'Guacamole in a Pattypan' - they make great appetizers. Enjoy!
∙ 4-6 summer squash (pattypan)
∙ 1 organic tomato
∙ 1 organic cucumber
∙ bunch of organic parsley
∙ bunch of organic cilantro
∙ 1 organic avocado
∙ Himalayan salt
∙ organic pepper
∙ organic garlic powder
∙ organic red cayenne powder
∙ 1 small organic lemon
1. Cut the bottom ends of each squash to create a flat surface to sit on.
2. Cut the tops of each squash and set aside to use for covering.3. Remove the inside of all summer squash by cutting around the edges (carefully) with a knife, then using a spoon to scoop it out.
4. Add squash to a small mixing bowl and set aside (squash will be used for guacamole mix).
5. Dice tomato and cucumber into small pieces and add to mixing bowl.
6. Chop parsley and cilantro and add to mixing bowl.
7. Peel avocado and cut into pieces. Then add to mixing bowl.
8. Add salt, pepper, garlic powder and cayenne pepper and mix ingredients to create a guacamole.
9. Add lemon juice, mix and taste to make adjustments in flavor.
10. Scoop out guacamole into squash bowls (pattypans).
11. Serve and enjoy!